Our Medical grade Diode Laser system is an effective and painless laser hair removal solution. This is the go-to device that is safe on all skin types.
This system combines three laser wavelengths into a single applicator. The diode laser achieves the safest and most effective permanent hair removal treatment available today.
The Diode Laser offers three wavelengths for hair removal:
- 750 nm wavelength: this offers powerful energy absorption making it ideal for the widest range of hair types and colours. Especially light-coloured and fine hair.
- 804 nm wavelength: this is the classic wavelength to offer deeper penetration of the hair follicle and high average power, high repetition rate, and large spot size for fast treatment.
- 1064 nm wavelength: this offers the deepest penetration of the hair follicle making it an optimal solution for darker skin types.
Pre-care and Aftercare
Find out how to care for your skin before and after hair removal treatment, including what to avoid before laser hair removal.
Taking care of the skin that is going to be treated is important for your safety and comfort, as well as to ensure the treatment is as effective as possible.
Prior to arriving for your treatment session
- The area of treatment should be shaved at least 12 hours prior to treatment.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes on the day.
- Avoid alcohol or smoking the night before and on the day of the treatment.
- Drink at least 1 litre of water the day before and the day of treatment – this helps your body to regulate its temperature.
- Arrive early prior so that you are relaxed.
- Do not exercise before the treatment.
- Avoid applying any products on areas of treatment, keep it dry and clean prior to treatment.
- Do not expose the skin to UV light (sunlight or sunbeds) or apply any self-tanning products for 8 weeks prior to treatment.
Did you know?
Two weeks after your session, your skin will be beautifully smooth, any hair regrowth will be noticeably slower, and you’ll wonder why you waited so long to get treated at Skintastic Aesthetics.
Protecting your skin after and between sessions.
Here’s what to avoid:
- Avoid exposing skin to UV light (sunlight or sunbeds) or self-tan for at least 2 weeks after treatment. This is to minimise darkening of the skin (hyperpigmentation).
- Avoid heat treatments such as spas, steam rooms and saunas for 7 days.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing or applying pressure to the skin for 4-5 days. This is to allow the treated skin to recover and to prevent any infection.
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid exercising for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid hot baths and hot showers for 48 hours.
- Avoid anything that involves chlorine (e.g., swimming) for 48 hours.
- Avoid make-up on the treated area for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid the application of perfumed products or bleaching creams for 48 hours.
- Avoid scratching the treatment area if blistering or crusting occurs, as this can cause scarring.
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, and threading for the complete duration of the treatment course.
And here’s what to do after your treatment and between sessions:
- Do apply an icepack on the treated area to reduce pain, discomfort, or irritation.
- Do apply aloe vera gel or calming creams for 3 days after the treatment.
- Do wear loose clothes to avoid friction on the treated area for 48 hours.
- Do keep treated area clean and dry for 48 hours.
- Do drink plenty of water.
- Do use at least SPF 50 sunscreen with Zinc for at least 2 weeks.
Book your consultation online!
The Diode Laser offers a virtually painless, effective hair reduction. With each session, you will notice lesser and lesser hair growth. We recommend a minimum of 6-12 sessions to achieve the desired results. Yearly sessions will be required to maintain optimal results.
Any unwanted hair from almost all areas of your body and face. This will include chin, legs, bikini line, upper lip, underarms and back. The only areas we cannot treat are around your eyes and over any tattoos.