Through age, sunlight, and other factors your skin can produce dark spots, freckles and pigments in your skin. The first parts of your body to show these signs are the hands, arms, and face as they receive most sun exposure.
Such concerns are caused by the production of excess melanin. Using laser treatments, we can remove such areas through treatments at our clinic using the latest technology in a clean and safe environment.
Changes to the melanin levels in your skin can occur for a variety of reasons and may be down to hormonal changes, age, overexposure to the sun, damage to the skin, or purely down to your genetics.
- Hyperpigmentation treatment/pigmentation treatment
- Sun damage treatment/sun damage on the face
- Uneven skin tone on face
- Freckle removal
- Sun damage on decolletage
- Sun damage or sunspots on hands or forearms
Pigment laser (IPL) is not a suitable treatment for hormonal pigment such as melasma.
If you are wondering how to get rid of sun damage on your face or how to get rid of freckles – the process is as follows:
- The first step of this laser pigmentation removal is a laser consultation and test patch. During this consultation your therapist will be able to assess what type of hyperpigmentation you have and if pigmentation laser treatment is right for you. We will perform a test of the laser on your skin on the day of this appointment and can advise you on the skincare products you will need to help treat your pigmentation.
Providing you do not have any reaction to the test patch you can have your first pigmentation laser treatment 48 hours later.
- Prior to your treatment you should stop all retinol products, glycolic acid or other AHA containing products or hydroquinone containing products should stop them 3 days before having laser. You will need to make sure you do not have a tan on your face so avoid sunbathing the face for 14 days before your laser treatment and no sunbed use for 14 days before. Avoid self-tanning products on the face for 7 days before treatment
- During the treatment a gel will be applied to your face and the laser treatment performed, it is a quick and straight forward procedure which should take no more than 20 minutes.
- During treatment, some patients may feel discomfort and we advise clients to take 2 paracetamol 30 minutes before their appointment.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be some mild redness and swelling at the treatment area. For the first 5 days the pigmentated areas will look darker in colour, before flaking off over time
- SPF must be worn for 2 weeks after treatment and a full list of aftercare advice will be discussed on the day of treatment.
- You will likely require 3 pigmentation laser sessions, each 1 month apart.